Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Let's Celebrate!

I recently discovered that there’s actually a publication called a “Retail Promotion Calendar” that is used to target people to try to part them from their money. In addition to the traditional holidays, Mother’s Day, and Father’s Day, some of the less personal, yet interesting listed are:
     January 14 - Organize Your Home Day
     May 11 - Eat What You Want Day
     June 1 - Donut Day
     October 22 - National Nut Day  (I’m not sure if that’s the
          food or the person!)
     December 5 - National Bathtub Party Day


There’s a whole week for some things:
     November 23-29 National Game and Puzzle Week


Some of the events get an entire month, such as:
     January - Clean Up Your Computer Month
     February - Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month
     July - National Ice Cream Month (One of my favorites!)


I may be calling on a few of my friends to help me celebrate some of these, after all.

No comments: