Monday, May 15, 2006

Life Should Be Simpler

It’s been two and a half years and I still haven’t mastered organization of my side-by-side freezer/refrigerator. Rather than having regular shelves, the freezer has wire racks and is almost too narrow to hold a pound of bacon crosswise. Containers that are not in rectangular boxes just seem to slide right off of each other. Therefore, having a neat freezer or putting certain items in logical places is nearly impossible. And I may as well forget keeping my 22-pound Thanksgiving turkey there or storing more than one half-gallon flavor of ice cream. Fortunately I have a whole freezer in my garage!

But, every time I come across a problem like this, my first thought is, “It must have been designed by a man!” Granted, I do not own the largest version of this refrigerator/freezer because I am a one-person family. That doesn’t mean I should have to tolerate a messy unit.

I'm still trying to catch the frozen stuff before it slides out to crush my toes.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I hate those things...living down here with my sister who has one has only confirmed all of my suspicions about storage (or lack of it) in those. They have the same cubic storage, but the arrangement is awkward. I don't envy you having to own one! Have a garage sale and then go get the regular kind!!!